Notice of a Special General Meeting
Notice is hereby given to members that a Special General Meeting (SGM) of the Greensborough Hockey Club will be conducted at the club rooms on Tuesday 21 March commencing at 7.00 pm.
As per section 33 of the GHC constitution (click here), you are invited to attend a Special General Meeting (SGM) to consider a proposed Special Resolution (Section 39 of the GHC Constitution)
The committee is asking the club to consider and vote on the following Special Resolution:
- The club is asked to vote on a club wide uniform change taking into account the following proposal
- The change will include an early implementation for Premier League
- The change may see the club utilise different suppliers to produce the uniform in order to provide best value for all members
- The committee seeks permission to endorse special one off uniforms for particular events – I.e. Pink Uniform for Breast Cancer Awareness Day – Committee to ensure club values are upheld in these decisions
- The committee seeks permission to sell uniform sponsorship whilst maintaining the integrity of the uniform
Sample uniforms will be available for viewing prior to the meeting.
We look forward to seeing as many members as possible at the meeting to help direct the club with this important decision moving forward.
Please direct any questions directly to the club president, Matthew Trounce, email@example.com
Clarity on GHC Voting Rights:
Under GHC’s Constitution the following applies:
13 General rights of members
(2) A member is entitled to vote if—
(a) the member is a member other than an associate member; and
(b) more than 10 business days have passed since he or she became a member of the Association; and
(c) the member’s membership rights are not suspended for any reason.
Note: For avoidance of confusion, a member will be considered a financial and voting member as at March 21 2017 so long as:
- The member has registered in an appropriate category for the 2017 season with Hockey Victoria (GHC’s method of collecting registration data and registering members)
- The member is not un-financial with the Greensborough Hockey Club as at 21 March 2017, i.e. Has paid fees owing for prior seasons.